View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 07:42 PM   #149
JustBecause
Matboard Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkin One View Post
QUOTE=JustBecause;19131252]I'm new to this watercoloring thing. Well, not necessarily new, but I tried Prismacolors with mineral oil a few times a couple years ago and couldn't get the hang of it. I had trouble with the paper and the 'nubs'. Anyway, upon seeing this thread I'm getting re-enthused about watercoloring. I'm going to try to get some Derwents from ebay. What kind of paper do you use?

I have never used mineral oil or baby oil..I use OMS, so that may or may not have something to do with your results?
As far as for paper..I use water color paper. You can use heavy weight card stock I think if you don't have a great deal of blending to do..but I usually just grab my water color paper..I tend to do a good bit of layering of colors..

Once you get the hang of pencils they are great. I don't use markers..but am considering buying some from SU as you can "water color" with them.. I am a pencils girl thru and thru..LOL
[/QUOTE]

When I looked at what I had it was the OMS. Oops. I said it wrong. I am looking for Derwents on eBay. Should I get the 24 pack of Derwents Inktense or the 36 pack of Derwent watercolors?