View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 10:02 AM   #301
russnzella
Swapper of the Month February 2013

I remember reading about a couple that decluttered their lives of stuff....and had only what they really needed....they didn't have a tv cause - let's face it - do we really NEED it? And they had 4 plates, 4 cups, 4 forks/knives/spoons...get the idea? I thought that was so neat. Every so often I get the urge to declutter and get rid of quite a bit. But then I look around months later and realize I still have so much stuff. That even goes for my stamping stuff. I honestly feel guilty about how much I have and how much $$ is invested in it. If I had taken that money and did something else with it - could I have helped someone? My guilt isn't too great though because I do use my card making as a "ministry" of sorts. And when I do declutter of "stuff" we always take our stuff to an organization that gives away items to the needy (instead of sellling them). But back to the craft stuff.....I've done better lately than usual....not buying so much stuff that I won't use. And honestly, getting away from swapping is helping that as well. Once my current swaps are finished, I'm not going to do the swapping of craft supplies any longer. I think it will help not only $$ but also with the clutter of things that I have that I will not use.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!