Thread: The Quackers!
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 08:33 AM   #485
ScrappinCEO
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt View Post
I have Addison tomorrow, starting at 8:00am and her visit will continue until sometime around 6:00pm on Wednesday night.

I have to do a grocery run, do a return to Penney's, stop at the gas station and I think that's it. I will probably start my day by doing my online bill paying and checking my grocery list before she arrives.

I have sold a few items on eBay, so those will have to be packaged up and readied for the post office. Plus I haven't picked up my mail since Friday so I bet there is a bunch.

I got an email from American Family today. In it was a "welcome to the family" greeting, plus several electronic forms that had to be completed and returned. The forms included my withholding form and payroll direct deposit. When I didn't find anything regarding the health insurance, I sent off an email to the HR rep. She answered me that they were still checking my references and criminal background. She said it could take anywhere from 7 to 10 days before those checks were completed. The job starts on 2-13-12 and if by today, it could take 7 to 10 days to complete those checks, how would I have been able to give 2wks notice to an employer should I have needed to. I wonder if this is happening to anyone who did need to give the 2wks notice. I sure wouldn't feel comfortable giving a resignation notice without a definite "you got the job" confirmation. Too many things can go wrong or maybe I'm just too cautious.

Rep said that she would call me when the checks are completed and only then would I receive the health insurance forms to be completed. So... I don't know for sure if I have a job or not. It's all still pending.
I don't know why you wouldn't, Sue. Unless you have stuff in your background you're not sharing LOL Those are all formalities they have to do to cover their behinds.

Welcome to American Family. They've been our ins. co. for almost 30 years and we've never regretted it. Haven't always liked our agent LOL but the co. has been good to deal with.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!