View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 11:53 PM   #292
melissa59
Stampin' Fool

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

I've made up my mind. My February craft budget is $44.25.
($25 plus $19.25 that I did not spend last month)

Question for February: "Have you thought about Downsizing your Stash?"

Downsizing? No. At least that's not a term I'd use. Contrary to what my son might say, I don't feel like I have too much--at least not yet. That said, I have been doing a bit of purging the past few months. I've got an overflowing box full of stuff I need to get rid of. Some are ancient crafting tools that scrapbookers used 20 years ago. Some are items I got in swaps that I'll never use. A few were just bad purchases.

Here's what I've done so far:
  • I sold a few things on eBay. I was surprised to find that old-fashioned light boxes (for stencil embossing) are popular with tattoo artists.
  • I gave away a bunch of stuff on the S/O Pay it Forward thread, but had to cut back because of the cost of postage.
  • I'll take the rest of my stuff to a weekend crop in March where we'll have a giveaway table. It's a small retreat with only 12 of us attending, but you never know what other people might want.
  • What people don't take at the retreat, I'm going to donate to a church-operated thrift store in a neighboring community. They sell items at true thrift store prices (unlike my local Goodwill that, in my opinion, takes advantage of people who can't afford to buy new clothing) and the profits are used to help financially disadvantaged people in that community.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!