View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #291
melissa59
Stampin' Fool

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbrpuppets View Post
Well the good new is I did 40 12 x 12 layouts and 5 cards so far this month.
CONGRATULATIONS! My GOAL this year is to do a minimum of 1 scrapbook layout and 3 cards each and every month. Not much, but more than I usually do in a typical month. Here it is only January and I'm already behind. But I do plan to meet my goal come tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post
When I started making cards I needed everything! It took more than 2 years to get all of the basics, good paper trimmer, a nice selection of cardstock, ink pads stamps, adhesives, etc.
I could not buy it all at once so "looking forward to buying" was a big part of this hobby for me.
I can certainly relate. I started scrapbooking about six years ago and collected a lot of the basics, plus stamps and a bunch of embellishments like Jolee's stickers, brads and eyelets. Then I discovered Copics. And oh, what a slippery slope they are! Copics led me to take up cardmaking last summer. You'd think a scrapbooker would have everything to make cards. But nooooooo.

I soon came to realize that I "needed" a Big Shot and accessories. Got my Big Shot, a few dies, an embossing folder and a set of Sizzix texturz plates. It's enough to get me started, but oh how I want more embossing folders, more dies (I desperately want a window die!) and, yes, more stamps! But I need to learn patience. I don't need it all and I certainly don't need it all right now. But needing and wanting are two totally different beasts--especially as we see people making wonderful cards with newly released stamps, dies and designer paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post
I feel I spent more than I should on a hobby.
If I had to weigh how much I spent on cardmaking vs. how much I'd spend to buy cards, I would have to admit that I spent way too much. Then again, when I compare how much I spend on my hobby to how much some people spend on their hobbies (ie: camping, woodworking, traveling, skiing) then I'd have to concede that I'm getting off cheap.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!