View Single Post
Old 01-28-2012, 05:59 AM   #280
Barbara Jay
Die Cut Diva

I did a bit of soul searching as to why " looking forward to buying " is such a big part of this hobby. I think I discovered the answer for me. I don't know if it will help others curb spending.

When I started making cards I needed everything! It took more than 2 years to get all of the basics, good paper trimmer, a nice selection of cardstock, ink pads stamps, adhesives, etc.

I could not buy it all at once so "looking forward to buying" was a big part of this hobby for me. The Blog Hops, release parties and sales fed into the "looking forward to buying". Not to mention seeing wonderful new products from DT members

Now that I have all the basics I have decided to drastically cut back on my craft spending. In my opinion this hobby has consumed too much of my money in the past 2 + years . I don't go into debt, I pay cash, or if it is on the CC I pay it off when the bill comes . But I feel I spent more than I should on a hobby. However, now I feel a bit lost not looking forward to buying something.

I needed to change my outlook of this hobby and find techniques or projects I "look forward to Doing" rather than looking forward to buying.

This weekend I "look forward" to coloring my new fairy stamp . I have had it since late November and it has never been inked

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 01-28-2012 at 06:02 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!