Originally Posted by Sue Alt
to train our girls, Larry bought a plastic mat that is wired to a 9V battery. You set it to shock (not enough to hurt them), shock & beep or just beep. Well, after a while the battery went dead, and by then both dogs had learned not to cross into the living room. Now we just lay a piece of plastic runner there - no battery hookup - and they stay out of the living room. In fact when my family was here for the holiday dinner, Larry took up the piece of plastic and still both dogs stayed our of the living room. Don't know what it costs, but it sure beats stepping over or moving a gate every time.
that's a great idea! if we need it I will look for that! Zoey was really good about staying with me when I was in the room, now that I am upstairs I put them in their beds for a nap.