View Single Post
Old 01-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #96
StampinHoosier
Rubber Obsessor

I agree with you that Somerset Studio went through a period where the magazine was adrift. Seemed as if it was mostly stamping and calligraphy projects in the early years, then it went toward mixed media but almost seemed to not know what direction to go in. Now there is very little stamping, but I think they still have the "With One Stamp " department or something like that. I stopped buying it for several years also, because the projects seemed repetitive and colorless. A lot of what was in there was just not anything I was interested in seeing or doing. I like the magazine better now, too. Maybe I like the return of color or that the magazine has a focus, even if it isn't stamping, per se.

One thing that Stampington has done, which I find a bit disappointing, is that their stamping magazines have little in the way of instruction and articles about stamping trends and techniques. I know that Stampers' Sampler and Take Ten mainly showcase cards--which I love--but mixing in an article or two would be good, IMO.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!