View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 09:24 AM   #3248
happydales
Rubber Obsessor

Hi everyone.
I'm hosting an album project on LIfe on the Scrap Beach. Would anyone like to make an album to donate? I would really appreciate it. This is what I posted on the beach.

I'm a cancer survivor, 1st time at 16 and a recurrence at 35. I've been cancer free for a few years now. I'm participating in the "Arts as Healing" program at Siteman Cancer Center, St Louis MO. It's a program open for patients and survivors. One of the art professors at Washington University donates her time to teach the class. They have a Facebook page under "arts as healing". If you look under the pictures I'm the one in the green top.
What I would like to do is host an album project. The albums would be donated to Siteman Cancer Center and distributed to patients in the writing/journaling class. I will take a pictures of all the albums when they are donated with staff. Kathy said they need things in colors other than pink. I will post all the colors that go with the cancer. That way you can pick what color scheme you would like to make your album. My sister had lung cancer so I will be making a clear/white album. Clear is the color for lung cancer because it's the silent killer. I would like everyone to put your name and address in the album. That way the patients will know who made the album for them.
I would like the albums to be at least 6x6 or larger with embellishments, photo mats and journaling spots. Make the album something you would like to receive.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact me. You can call me at 314-452-6117 or email me here at the beach.
Please mail by March 12th so I can have them by March 19th. That would give you 2 months to complete.
Please mail me your address. I would like to send you cancer ribbons for your album. I have 2 Accucut dies, small and large.
Here is my address to send in the albums:
Laurie Foster
705 Ruprecht Avenue
St Louis MO 63125
USA
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!