View Single Post
Old 01-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #133
lylacfey
Pearl-ExPert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkin One View Post
Thank you Deann!

The only thing I have noticed about the Rapidographs is that when working with colored pencil..as in going over the lines to sharpen them after coloring..the pen tip will actually pick up the colored pencil..you just have to whipe it off..but it is something to watch as it could easily damage those delicate nibs on the pen.And it can be a bit "scratchy" on water color paper. If that is something that sets your teeth on edge..then you probably wouldn't want to use the on rougher types of paper LOL
I forgot all about Rapidographs being scratchy on watercolor paper and picking up the color pencils. Prisma's were the worst! Thank you for the reminder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairsinger View Post
I think I need to pick up a Versafine pad. I have so many black ink pads that I keep thinking I couldn't possibly need another, but I've been wanting to try a Versafine. I know where to find those, but I don't know where to find India ink. Is that the brand name, and where do you purchase it?
Stewart Superior makes an India Ink that a lot of hard core stampers swear by: Stewart Superior Memories India Ink Inkpad Large Black

I have never used it. I have never seen it at my stores. I know a lot of stampers from India use the traditional ink in the bottles for stamping. They have the most beautiful results. I am wanting to try that. I am wanting to make my own ink pads using the India Ink in bottles. You can find the bottles in Michael's, Hobby Lobby or your art store. In the craft stores it's carried with the calligraphy items. There are several brands. I would go for a higher end brand so you can get a richer ink. I am really frugal but sometimes high end is better than economy. I used my DH's economy India Ink and it was a nightmare. I won't do that again, lol.

http://www.pinterest.com/faerydreams
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!