View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 10:20 PM   #2010
WordTrix
Gabfest Goddess

JenniK: Have not heard of Haywood Smith, but laugh-out-loud books can be good for the soul. Unless, of course, you’re on a crowded bus, and everyone turns to stare. Then again, if you laugh loudly and often enough, and it causes people not to want to sit next to you, that could be a good thing, right? *g*

Okay, wow... Just looked up H. Smith at GoodReads—talk about a prolific author! And in multiple genres as well! Some of the books/titles look familiar, but know I have not read her before.

Rainy Day Stamper: Have not read CUTTING FOR STONE, but it seems to have gotten rave reviews. I don't read a lot in this genre. I tend to prefer fiction, though the occasional nonfic does creep onto my shelves. There are actually a couple I hope to get to this year.

dmaggt: I love Scottoline, but have not read her last couple books, mostly because I was waiting for them to be rereleased in mass market paperback. Glad to hear that SAVE ME is a good one, especially as a couple books before that were not as good as earlier ones. I’m crossing my fingers in hopes of winning this one in a GoodReads giveaway.

stebwood79: Am not familiar with Jim Butcher, but have heard some rave reviews about his DRESDEN series. Glad to see another HUNGER GAMES fan in the mix!

MickiFuhrman: I read a lot of Lois Lowry’s books back in middle/high school, but honestly don’t recall this one. It sounds like something I would have liked, though, which is probably why I picked it up not too long ago at one of the library's used book sales. Highly recommend Lois Duncan and Joan Lowery Nixon to fans of Lois Lowry.

SleepyinSeattle: Have been intrigued by EXTREMELY LOUD AND INCREDIBLY CLOSE since I started seeing the movie trailers in December. The movie looks really good, and I have heard the book is as well (though someone warned it was somewhat depressing, too). Would love to see the movie (and hello—two of my favorite actors!), but the friend I tend to see most movies with has already vetoed it as being a tear-jerker. Sigh… Another I’ll probably have to wait and watch by myself on DVD.

Yes, still more to come—but almost finished, honest!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!