View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #235
flash&rusty
Polyshrink Goddess

I attended an all day crop on Saturday, and spent a total of $47. But, most of it I feel I can justify:

$15 for tickets to win doorprizes - since this crop was a fundraiser for Breast Cancer Research, I consider this to be more of a charitable donation than a crafting purchase.

$12.50 for replacement blades for my 12" trimmer - since the trimmer style I use is discontinued, and the blades are only available while supplies last, I knew I better get them now while I still can. I love my trimmer! I have had several others in the past, including a rotary one from the same company that I hate, and am really dreading the thought of finding a new one when my blades finally run out.

$8.50 for adhesive - ran out, and didn't have any more. I consider adhesives a necessity.

$11 for a pack of designer papers. This is the one purchase that I can't justify completely, although $2 of this purchase will go toward the Make a Wish Foundation. Did I need it? Nope. Did I want it? Absolutely. It is beautiful!

The organizers told a story of a young 26 year old woman who has been diagnosed with terminal stage ovarian cancer, and has been given approx. 6 months. She has two young children. She is not a scrapbooker, so the organizers (some of whom are survivors) are going to make scrapbooks for her to just add her journalling, so that her children will have her memories when she is gone. They were asking for donations for all supplies to make them. I went home that night, went through my entire stash of papers, and am donating a stack of paper (about 50 sheets) to their cause. This helps to ease my guilty conscience just a bit for purchasing the paper needlessly.

Hope everyone is having success with their goals!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!