Thread: Copic FAQ
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 04:28 AM   #450
Barbara Jay
Die Cut Diva

I don't have a teacher either. We have no LSS within 30 miles and the one that is 30 miles away doesn't sell Copics or Teach Copic techniques. I firmly believe that a teacher for the basics "in anything" is the best way to learn. If you don't start with proper techniques you can struggle needlessly . After you learn the basics future classes are nice for enrichment, buy not critical.

However, Youtube and blogs is the only thing many of us have to learn.
I am eternally "grateful" to those who make the videos and write the tutorials. Without them many of us would not buy or try the products!

I saw how to clean the markers on "I Like Markers" Marianne Walker's blog.
She has a great site with a lot of Information
I Like Markers

Colleen also has a lot of great information too. She is a Copic certified teacher.
Distinctive Touches

Then I searched YouTube for specific Copic Techniques like how to use an airbrush.

Many people here post the colors they use. Check out Beate's site she always states the Copic colors she uses.
fresh & fun

This thread has great information too.

I am sure there are many other good blogs, these are my current favorites for Copics

Even if you have only had your markers for a few week I would suggest checking inside the marker caps to see if "some" need cleaning. Also Check the rim where the cap and the marker barrel meet. Ink collects there too and prevents a proper seal when marker is capped and the ink can get thick .
Good Luck.