View Single Post
Old 01-23-2012, 04:04 AM   #1
Mothermark
Dirty Dozen Alumni
SCS Challenge Hostess

This is My Story.

Smile SEARCHING FOR THE APPROPRIATE WORDS TO SAY!

WELCOME TO TEAPOT TUESDAY
SEARCHING FOR THE APPROPRIATE WORDS TO SAY!

Hi everyone! If you are here at this thread you might be struggling to find the appropriate words to say in a card you are sending to the weekly Destination Station recipient. You are not alone, its a difficult thing, and I think we all struggle from time to time.

As you know many of the cards we mail to people through our Tuesday challenges are terminal patients and in some cases they have very little time to live. We have mailed our cards to several terminal patients and have found that the cards bring a bright spot in the last days of their lives. We also have mailed our cards to family members who have lost loved ones.

I have received several e-mails asking me for ideas on what to write in the inside of your cards. This week, the recipient of our cards is a friend of Dorothy (Etsdas) and Betty is terminal. Dorothy came up with a wonderful idea! Why not start a thread and share ideas. Dorothy would like to see this thread hold a collection of short, chipper, cheerful, thinking of you verses. Verses that are upbeat but could be used and appropriate for terminal patients.

So, the purpose of this thread is to collect everyone's thoughts and favorite verses, sayings and sentiments to use on the inside of your card. For ease in reading, lets use one post to share one idea. Please follow along and share your ideas and kind words. Please feel free to leave religious verses as well. I try to indicate in the Destination Station thread each week whether it is appropriate to send religious thoughts/sentiments to the specific recipients.

Together, we will end the search for the appropriate words! I will start with a few ideas, things that I have used in the past.

Thank you Dorothy for this great suggestion!

Last edited by Mothermark; 01-24-2012 at 03:27 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!