View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 02:04 PM   #231
melissa59
Stampin' Fool

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

I'm trying to invent creative ways to come up with craft funds that does not take away from my food & utilities budget. I'm not an entrepreneur, so it's nickels and dimes right now. Still, I thought I'd share what I'm doing.

https://www.mysurvey.com
Yeah, it's one of those places where you spend 15-45 minutes filling out a survey and getting points that equal .05 to $1.50. In other words, the hourly "pay" is just short of robbery--but sometimes it's a fun brain-dead way to pass a night of insomnia and give my opinion about products I use. In 2010 I got enough points for a $60 in Amazon gift cards. Last year, they added an option to get the money via Paypal. It's taken me 13 months, but I've got almost enough points for $50.

I'm clearing out my craft room. I don't have a lot to part with, but I'm glad to be clearing out a little room. A few things are Pay It Foward items I'm sending to other SCS members. A few more were too costly to mail out without getting some sort of reimbursement, so I've put them on eBay. Payments will go into my Paypal account and anything I get over the cost of postage will be used for crafts.

When I go to the store, I drop my change (not bills) into my purse. Every once in awhile, I take that change and put it in my "Fun Money" jar. If I'm feeling really generous, I might drop in a $1 bill or two. This month, when I gave myself a $25 craft budget, I dropped $25 into the jar. Anything I don't use this month will help fund future month budgets.

For this challenge, I'm NOT thinking of these funds as free money. The funds above will be used to help pay for my monthly craft budgets.

BTW ... It's Jan. 22! We've gone past the three week mark and my RECEIPT box is still empty.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!