View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 11:28 AM   #219
jackie1
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneB1030 View Post
Last week I spent the first craft money I have spent this year, $6.24 for a used SU set on ebay. The set was only .99, the rest was postage, but he sent it priority mail for $5.20, so he sure didn't make much on it.

I contacted a nearby nursing home last week, and they gave me the names and birthdates for 12 residents. I made and sent each a hello card, and a birthday card to one whose bd is this week. I'm also working on Valentines, have most done, one for each family member and a few friends, but now need to make a few more for the nursing home. I plan to send each one a card every month, as well as one on their bd. Am also making some baby and thank you cards for a challenge. All supplies "purchased" in my stash!
Dianne I love this idea. I go to Church with a couple of ladies that work at the nursing home in our town. I will ask them who I should contact to get information from. I know that there are a few seniors who do not have family close by and I think it would cheer them up to get a card for no other reason than to say you are special. Seniors paved the road for us it is only fitting that we thank them for that and give them something to smile about. Thank you for the idea Dianne and thank you for being so thoughtful of others, that is becoming a rare thing now a days.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!