View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #216
smokiesgal
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty Chelle View Post
Oh boy I'm sorry to hear about the car troubles

To those of you looking for work...prayers, hugs and well wishes that you find just what you are looking for and really soon!! I understand about living on less. Honestly though...I'm kind of enjoying it. When I was married our household had a six figure income, I worked lots of hours, was stressed to the hilt etc. Now I'm pretty sure I'm living at poverty level...or really close! With that said, I work part time 20hrs a week, but I get free rent in a BEAUTIFUL brand new apartment (100 yr old building newly remodeled) and no utilities (even my internet is free). So with my salary I can afford to manage as long as I stick to my budget and I'm virtually stress free. I have a 16yo dd and I work while she is in school. It's really a great deal for the two of us and really what I wanted most now that her dad has choosen not to be involved!

Let's keep doing our best to stick to our budgets and when we don't we won't beat ourselves up, but stay encouraged and try a little harder next time

I'm looking forward to exercising...have my new playlist ready!! I'm going to try that Nike app where you choose an athlete and they "encourage" you while you are working out. Anybody have that app or one similar?
I love your attitude on this!!! So true!!

I was talking with one of the residents at my assisted living community who is 92. I asked her what the secret was for living so long and she said not worrying about stuff and doing what you want to do in life. Sounds pretty simplistic, doesn't it?

I am a life artist and love it!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!