View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 09:29 AM   #214
smokiesgal
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneB1030 View Post
Last week I spent the first craft money I have spent this year, $6.24 for a used SU set on ebay. The set was only .99, the rest was postage, but he sent it priority mail for $5.20, so he sure didn't make much on it.

I contacted a nearby nursing home last week, and they gave me the names and birthdates for 12 residents. I made and sent each a hello card, and a birthday card to one whose bd is this week. I'm also working on Valentines, have most done, one for each family member and a few friends, but now need to make a few more for the nursing home. I plan to send each one a card every month, as well as one on their bd. Am also making some baby and thank you cards for a challenge. All supplies "purchased" in my stash!
Awesome savings!!!

Super sweet of you doing that for the nursing home. They love it! I work at an Assisted Living Community and even more so we love for volunteers to come and do a simple card class with our residents. They LOVE crafts!!! I used to be the Activity Director and did it all with them. Now that I am the Bus Ofc Mgr I don't have time to do it anymore but our volunteers come and help the Activities person.

I am a life artist and love it!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!