View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 04:32 AM   #210
DianneB1030
Polyshrink Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by russnzella View Post
OOO - I love the nursing home idea! Question though - do you also visit those people? Or is it sending cards? And did you ask for specifics such as people who don't have family coming or something like that? Just wondered. Would love to do something like that myself....and want to get a game plan in place. Thanks for the inspiration!!!
That is exactly what I did. I called and asked for the activities director. I also asked if there were any issues with sending cards saying things about God, or prayer, or anything like that, as I don't want to offend anyone. He said most of their residents would find it comforting. I also asked for birthdays. A few days later he sent me a list of a dozen names with room numbers, religious preference and birthday. He asked how many names I wanted, and I thought a dozen cards a month for this was enough to commit to for now. I don't want to be overwhelmed and unable to keep up with cards for them each month like I plan.

I think it would be great if others did this too. I think there are a lot of lonely people who would be cheered up by us sharing what we love to do. and by the way, the baby cards I'm working on are for the Community Pregnancy Center. Thanks so much for THAT inspiration!

Free cat hair with every card!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!