View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 08:06 PM   #206
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Red face Oh Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa59 View Post
I quit shopping for swaps a couple years ago. No brad swaps, no recipe swaps, no ribbon swaps. Sure, it's fun. But for me it just wasn't worth it. It didn't take long for me to realize that my taste isn't the same as others. I ended up mostly with stuff I wouldn't use. I figured I'd be better off spending the money buying stuff for ME, ME, ME. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzbysmom View Post
I need to do what you did Melissa! Quit swaps altogether! I'd hate to try to figure out how much I've spent in postage alone not even considering the items to put into the envelopes/packages! Swaps are a blast - don't get me wrong - but every penny I've spent could have gone on me and then some considering postage. I've gotten some terrific things from swaps (cards, items) but I've given away most of the cards I've received since as much as I like to MAKE cards I'm horrible at SENDING cards and as far as the supplies go alot of it either hasn't been my style or to my liking and those things have been given away also (mostly to my DIL or the thrift store).
Ugh! ugh! ugh! ..I've been really thinking about this lately too. I quit card swaps awhile ago when I stopped enjoying the process. Not too long ago though I found the "Everything Else" swaps. It is FUN! but when I really sat down and added up what I TRULY spent and compared it to what I received that I would actually use ... well, let's just say it seemed silly that I didn't just spend $$ on me for stuff I really would use. I do like DSS however, I've decided to reduce the other variety of swaps I participate in. I'll just add that into my craft spending budget!

You ladies are SO INSPIRING! and we're only 20 days into this.

I'm THRILLED to share that I wandered through an Archivers today, got a couple fun ideas and didn't spend a dime! UNBELIEVEABLE ... let me just tell you I was so tempted. I am out-of-town for work and realized that I was just shopping because I was bored. It wouldn't be bad to pick up a couple pieces of paper for a layout I want to do from an Award Ceremony I went to but what's crazy is that I wouldn't have stopped with just a couple pieces of paper, I would have bought LOTS of stuff that was CUTE! It's part of the reason I have a room full of stuff now. It felt really good to just walk out the door without anything, like a hurdle I was able to get over.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!