View Single Post
Unread 01-19-2012, 04:40 PM   #201
imthenoni
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi all, I have gone back and read some of the posts and it sounds like everyone is busy with this and that. Like several of you, I have cut my swaps down, W A Y D O W N. A couple of years ago I was in swaps so heavily that I would have 3 or more swaps due each month. I just about went crazy. Now I am way more particular about the swaps I'm in. I only join swaps that I know I will use. I can make enough cards to keep me in cards for a while so I don't think I've joined but, maybe, 2 of those in the past 6 months or so. I have 1 due mid March, a Thank You card swap. I figure I can use those easily. I have gotten into my scrapping more in the last year or so. I like the PAT swaps because I can choose the theme that I am working on. So I don't get anything that I can't use from that swap. I am also in an 11 month swap where each month one of the ladies gets 10 boxes/envies from the other swappers. They get things that fit the survey questions they ordered. I spend less each month than when I was in all those other swaps and I'm getting things that I want and can use. Like Charlie - Win-ning!

Today was a bad hobby spending day though. The PAT I'm in is due 30 Jan and I have not begun it. My craft room is way crazy and I have no time to dig for what I need so I purchased new paper and some embellies for this swap. That along with more fabric for curtains, etc for a room I'm working on and I spent $24.94. I only paid full price for 1 or 2 pkgs of embellies the rest I either had a coupon for or they were on sale. That is all I've spent this month so far. I may have to purchase a few other things but I can't imagine it going over $30 total for the month. Of course, that does not include the postage. That part really bites. And I understand that it is scheduled to go up next week. ARG!!! to the current max!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!