View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 07:02 PM   #39
Greywolf
Watercolor Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammatroll View Post
I have done OSWs before but never tried making my own template. Too lazy to figure it all out. I made a set of cards for my sister for Christmas using OSW and I have paper cut and ready to make a bunch more cards. I'll probably gift them to my daughter so she has cards on hand. They'll have a horse theme.
Debbie & Jane - I just wanted to try making my own template to prove - to myself - that I could do it. But mine didn't end up being all that much different from existing templates, so I probably won't do that again. I didn't really have a "plan." I did refer to other templates for general ideas. I turned over an old/plain piece of dp and just started marking off pieces on the plain back. I didn't do a whole lot of measuring except to keep the pieces to an A2 card size. After it was marked off, then I measured the areas so I could cut up the dp that I wanted to use. After I finished the cards, I re-drew the template on the computer, although I don't know how others do that. I did it in Print Master, an old computer card making program. Printed it out and scanned it so I could attach. Like I said, I don't know how to do that part, but got it done in my own complex way.

Last edited by Greywolf; 01-18-2012 at 07:05 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!