View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 06:03 PM   #198
melissa59
Stampin' Fool

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokiesgal View Post
Oh Melissa, hugs going out to you. I hope and pray something comes your way soon for unemployment. I was on that line a few yrs back and so was my sister in law. Everything you put in for was online and you never heard anything back from employers. Seems like the way you apply for jobs now is so different than it used to be. I got up one day and just decided to drive myself to the employers I was interested in working at and that is how I got my job. It started as part-time but now I am full-time again. Same thing happened to my SIL. She got a job a mile down the road from her hse after she physically started knocking on doors. I don't know the situation where you are at but I certainly hope things change for you soon.
That's a good idea. I was just telling someone the other day that I thought I'd have a better chance if I could just apply in person. Sadly, I've learned there are a lot of people out there who are lying on their applications. I have enough trouble touting my achievements and qualifications without going the extra mile to make up lies.

Good to hear that you and your sister in law both found work. That gives me hope!

I know so many people who were laid off in the past three years, many of them still not full-time employed. Of course, a lot were former coworkers (journalism). Others include my dad (from his part-time "for something to do" job) my ex-husband (construction), my oldest son (logistics). Unemployment is truly an epidemic in our area.

Last edited by melissa59; 01-18-2012 at 09:45 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!