View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #71
SybilMcC
October Swapper of the Month 2012

Himself has a miniature Dachshund, and she is incredible. She barks when someone is around or if she sees a dreaded chipmunk on the porch, but is not a yapper. She is less vocal than she used to be. She is very smart, and funny. The thing is that she is HIS dog. She only comes to me when she is hungry or sick. She lets me love her JUST A LITTLE and then she is in his lap from dawn to dawn. She sleeps under the covers with him at night, sits in the chair with him when he watches TV, adores him. And he does her. When she is feeling bad, she wants the mom. I think he just wants me to have another one to help me get over the loss of my Flossie. She was like that with me, just with me every step I took, always wanted me to hold her, read my thoughts. He saw a dachshund/chihuahua mixed puppy on the internet for adoption, and I have thought about that. I loved my Shih Tzu, the only thing was all that hair. It was beautiful, but took lots of care. It's funny, I still smell Flossie's scent and dream about her with that soft hair. I don't think I want to deal with that again though. Rosie is a Shih Tzu also, and I keep her hair cut short. She is a cutie. But we say if she had been a human she would have been one of those beautiful, ditzy blondes people make jokes about. She just doesn't get it.
Joyce, everybody I know who has a doxie is just crazy about them. Go for it.