View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #194
melissa59
Stampin' Fool

Location: Where the trees sway gently and birds sing softly in Sunny SoCal.

I'm a Southern California gal. It's noon and it's a FREEZING 59 degrees outside. Yeah, I'm told that freezing is actually 32 degrees, but we SoCal people begin to freeze when the temps dip below 60. Brrrrrrrrr

Zella, I totally feel for you with the auto expenses. I'm going to get hit hard late this year. I have an engine check light that stays on and I won't be able to get my car smogged and registered until it's fixed. Unfortunately, I've been to two mechanics and neither were able to find or fix the problem. Nothing I can do about it now, so I'm trying not to worry.

Here's my trick to not spending ...
I'm long-time unemployed, have exhausted my unemployment benefits, and have no significant other to pitch in. I have even started casting my line out for part-time positions--but so far, no employers are biting. I'm between a rock and a hard place, it seems. No bachelors or masters degree makes me under-qualified for most positions which people in my former (dying) field would normally apply. But my years in my last position makes me over-qualified for others--at least that's the excuse at least two employers have given.

I'm luckier than most--only utilities, food, gasoline and my son's college classes and books to pay for. We are doing just fine right now, but something has got to shake loose pretty soon.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!