View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 06:25 AM   #192
muzbysmom
Gabfest Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa59 View Post
I quit shopping for swaps a couple years ago. No brad swaps, no recipe swaps, no ribbon swaps. Sure, it's fun. But for me it just wasn't worth it. It didn't take long for me to realize that my taste isn't the same as others. I ended up mostly with stuff I wouldn't use. I figured I'd be better off spending the money buying stuff for ME, ME, ME. LOL
I need to do what you did Melissa! Quit swaps altogether! I'd hate to try to figure out how much I've spent in postage alone not even considering the items to put into the envelopes/packages! Swaps are a blast - don't get me wrong - but every penny I've spent could have gone on me and then some considering postage. I've gotten some terrific things from swaps (cards, items) but I've given away most of the cards I've received since as much as I like to MAKE cards I'm horrible at SENDING cards and as far as the supplies go alot of it either hasn't been my style or to my liking and those things have been given away also (mostly to my DIL or the thrift store).

So far this month I've only purchased adhesives which means I haven't stuck completely to my "stash" but I don't "stash" adesives (for the most part - I'd like to order a case of Tombo refills but that order hasn't been in the budget).

It's cold in my part of the world today but not as cold as some places so I guess for that I should be grateful. Normal for us would have been to have had at least a week of below zero temps this winter and we've had none so far.

Have a great day ladies!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!