View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 11:09 AM   #177
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Talking Yes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissa59 View Post
Once we make it through today and tomorrow, we'll have made it through half the month. Woo-hoo!!

I have to admit that temptation has not been that strong for me this month. Maybe it's because I like the idea of hanging onto my $100 Christmas money. Or maybe it's because my mind is on organizing more than shopping. Or maybe it's because this challenge has helped me reel in my temptations. I'm guessing it's a little of all three.
I have to agree Melissa. I think I've been doing ok because I've been digging through stash and finding items I want to use and that's helping. I've re-organized some shelves and feel I have better access. I really think the Challenge is helping me to stay on track ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara Jay View Post
My worst down fall is things on my wish lists and price increases or things being discontinued. I forgot that the first rule when you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging!

Stop doing what got you in the hole .

I only have a select few blogs I watch , but on those blogs I constantly see things I want. I don't want to stop visiting those blogs because they give me so much pleasure. So I am struggling with enjoying their creations and not wanting so much of what I see and stop putting things on a wish list.
Barbara, while I don't make wish lists, I do struggle when my fave company's come out with "retiring" lists or new Idea Books. I think next month will be the real test for me. Although I'm not going to go "no spending" next month, I do want to budget and spend wisely and I haven't always done that in the past when new Idea Books come out. It's just so fun to place a big order and have lots of stampin' / scrappin' goodies on the way.

I'm pleased to say I purchased 1 pack of "retiring" paper in December as I had half the layouts done for Christmas and wanted to finish and nothing else. Guess What?! I've seen the new catty and I like just as many papers and items in there SO it was an "A Ha" Moment for me that I really didn't need all that retiring stuff because it would have just sat in my stash as soon as I saw the new stuff.

I feel like I've been very inspired this month and done quite a bit of stampin' and scrappin'. I'm not sure if its our challenge or its just the month but getting the papers and items created, shared and in books is all good!

Last edited by Lmn; 01-15-2012 at 11:17 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!