View Single Post
Old 01-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #1997
stebwood79
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to stebwood79

Hi all,
Haven't been posting anywhere much, but I have read some great books. I'll give my reviews:
Unbroken - great book, but the horrors were a little repetitive as if we wouldn't be able to "get it" unless pummeled by the author. I really liked it, though, and recommended it for reading.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Loved this book and the other two written in this "trilogy". Fantastic characters, lots of action and mystery. I hope the Hollywood version of the movie does it good. I watched the films from across the water and liked them, but (lets say it together) NOTHING beats reading the book!

The Hunger Games Trilogy - Loved all three of these books, remember they are YA books. I can't wait to see the movie! I read these books until the wee hours of the morning. I had trouble staying awake at work, but it was so worth it!

Any Jim Butcher fans? I have been voraciously devouring his Dresden Files books. I started at the first one and am going on the sixth. I love the humor, the monsters and the of course i am totally in love with Harry Dresden!

I took a little break from Dresden to join a book club and we are currently reading Angry Housewives Eating Bon Bons". Not really a book I would have ever choosen myself, but I am thoroughly enjoying it. I recommend it, I fell in love with all of the characters, and feel like they are my friends!

Oh, my goodness, I haven't even told you about the other books I've read this summer...I'll have to do that later as I am off to check out your recommendations, Cutting for Stone and that Triology that is on Nook.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!