Thread: Slice FAQ
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2012, 09:15 AM   #1204
Paper Junky
Stampin' Fool

HELP!! Someone??

Ok, so I'm getting a bit frustrated. I had heard previously how wonderful the Making Memories company support was supposed to be. Well, . . . let's just say it's not been a great support week for them.

Tuesday I used my Slice Elite machine - was working fine. I took out the cart and put another one in. It didn't go in all the way so I pushed it in again and it still wouldn't go in. This is when I took a second look at the cart and noticed I had put it in backwards. So I took the cart out, turned it around, and put it in again, which it still would not go in. At that moment I also realized the machine was not on even though it had previously been and I had not shut it off. I tried to turn it on and it won't turn on. And, again, I can't even put a cart in the proper way. -- NOTHING. --

I called Making Memories thinking I would be talking to a live person, got transferred instead to a voice mail and told to leave a message, which I left a detailed message. The message also indicated someone would get back to me within 24-48 hours. My husband thinks they might have called later that day but when he picked up the phone to answer it, the caller disconnected.

Thursday I sent an email detailing the problem again. No response (at least not written) back to that yet.

Friday morning I called them again, same process as Tuesday. I had to leave for work at 2:30 and they did call around 3:00'ish. My husband, whom I had told all of the details and is a very good computer geek, after answering several of their questions to which they answered that putting the cart in backwards should not have stopped the machine from working, needed to go into my craft room to look at the Slice machine or carts or something, accidentally disconnected the call. They haven't called back yet. He then called them again and had to leave another voice mail like on Tuesday.

Has anyone had this problem with the Slice Elite? I never had any real problems when I had my non-Elite Slice. I have also recently bought a bunch of carts on sale because I like using the Slice Elite.

Has anyone had this much difficulty getting responses from Making Memories? Where many of the stores seem to be not wanting to carry the Slice products anymore, I became anxious, called around to see if I could find any on sale, which I couldn't, and ended up buying one at Hobby Lobby just in case I can't get my current one fixed for a reasonable amount. I'm not going to open the new one until I find out for sure.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!