View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 05:28 PM   #167
Barbara Jay
Die Cut Diva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siberian Stamper View Post
My biggest downfall is love for snail mail and packages in my mail box! Next are all of the wonderful release previews/countdowns. Haul videos don't help, either
My worst down fall is things on my wish lists and price increases or things being discontinued. I can't afford to just willy nilly impulse buy since I don't carry a credit card balance. I pay the credit card in full when it comes.

I tore up all my wish lists to start this challenge and have caught myself at least a dozen times or more grabbing an index card and a pencil to put something on a wish list

I " had" an index card for Spellbinders, Justrite, Copics, Memory box and Gina K
Each time I saw something I thought I wanted I wrote it on the wish list.

Then if something on my list was going to increase in price or be discontinued I scrambled to readjust my budget to buy it. Plus if there was a great sale on things on my wish lists I would do more budget readjusting to buy them. I don't go in debt, but My wish lists were running my finances.
As the wish lists grew and grew I could not see how I could possibly afford to get all those things and I became discouraged.

I forgot that the first rule when you find yourself in a hole is to stop digging!

Stop doing what got you in the hole .

I only have a select few blogs I watch , but on those blogs I constantly see things I want. I don't want to stop visiting those blogs because they give me so much pleasure. So I am struggling with enjoying their creations and not wanting so much of what I see and stop putting things on a wish list.