View Single Post
Old 01-12-2012, 04:01 AM   #150
russnzella
Swapper of the Month February 2013

I confess that I'm more than "quite overweight"....and have not only committed to getting my finances in order this year - but also to work on this weight and being so out of shape thing too. Yes, for me it's all finances. But the good thing is that we were asked to handle the refreshments for the "Financial Peace University" class at church that starts in a couple weeks. We went through the class before and got so much out of it! It really helped us to get on track. But after a while I've noticed that we have gotten slack on things...ok - confession again - I have gotten slack on things (cause I'm the one who handles the finances in our home). But God is good and continues to provide for our needs. I'm excited to get back to that class and grounded back in those principles again. We've been paying off debt and not incurring additional debt since taking the class the first time. I need to just be more disciplined with the budget....and crafting falls into that which is why this group is good for me.

We also bought a Wii last year. Last January I started Weight Watchers with the goal of losing 50 pounds by my birthday (which was in April). And I did it!! But on my birthday I gave in to the cake I wanted and then kept saying that I was going right back on WW...but never did. Since then I've gained probably 25 of it back. I know 50 sounds like a ton of weight - and don't get me wrong, I was very pleased....but it's only a drop in the bucket of what I need to lose. So back on the wagon for me....and going to use the Wii too! And the treadmill that a friend gave me. Going to get control of my body!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!