View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 11:00 PM   #147
hoptownracer1
Stampin' Fool

Wow! Everyone is doing so great! I had a test yesterday, and I kept it below my budget. My ultimate goal was to spend nada, but my friends and I went to a store that we visit about twice a year, which is a real treat, because we have no crafting stores nearby. I did keep it below twentyfive though, which was my actual goal. I spent about eighteen on crafting stuff; the other ten was on pet, household stuff etc... Zero would have been better, but hey, it's a lot better than I've done in the past. I put lots of stuff back. I'm glad I'm not going crazy on the craft spending though, as it is helping me in other areas. I had decided to try to get stronger and lose weight (per doctor's advice also), so I got a wii at a pawn shop the other day. Going to try one of the dance games; I've heard good things about them being fun and a good workout. I think my health is a priority over my crafting. (Although, crafting is my therapy! lol.) I am also working on some cards for a charity, so I did pick up some reduced Christmas cards at Dollar Gen.. They were 75 percent off, so I got 32 enelopes for less than a dollar. I bought two boxes; going to keep the ones I like to give the ones who don't care anything about homemade cards, and using the rest of the envelopes for cardmaking. It's a good thing I got them mostly for crafting though; someone had rifled through the box, and swapped out most of the pretty cards in one box, and a few of the cards were damaged. Fortunately, the envelopes were fine,and I still got plenty of cards to mail out. I like repurposing and recycling, so they'll get used one way or another. I can even use the blank sides of the cards to stamp images to color and cut out.
Russ, I like using colored pencils also, along with some other coloring techniques. I haven't gotten into the copic thing either. I have a small room to craft in, and not enough room or $ to buy them. I'm not the most artistic either, so not sure I would do well with them anyway. I'm satisfied with the coloring mediums I have.
I'm enjoying this thread! Love having a place to go for support and sharing! Please overlook my long posts; I'm a chatty girl!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!