View Single Post
Old 01-11-2012, 12:22 PM   #1992
Sue in CT
Compulsive Stamper

Thanks jennik!

Just a reminder I only started reading again after I got my Nook in mid-Oct.

So far I read:

The Mating by Nicky Charles
The Keeping by Nicky Charles
The Finding by Nicky Charles
What I can tell you about these 3 books is that I had little hope of enjoying it really when I started it because I am not into things like Vampire or Werewolf stories.(I only loaded the first one because I was trying out my Nook for the first time and it was free so I wanted to learn how to get a book in there). I am so glad I picked this first book because I couldn't put it down...any of them for that matter. This is more of a mystery/love story and it just happens to be Werewolves. It isn't the traditional type of Werewolf that goes around biting every one's neck or tearing them apart all night long. This was totally entertaining and I had a hard time putting any of them down.
These books all go together (picks up where the last left off) and she is writing another that is late coming out but I am waiting. I will read that one too. (Sorry, I forgot the name of the new book).

Syndrome by Thomas Hoover
I totally enjoyed this book. Problem I see is that everyday I am hearing about stem cells on the news. Maybe this is a really a book before its time. Who knows, it may not be a fiction...it may happen.

Watchers by Dean Koontz
What a great book! I had a hard time putting it down.
At first it seemed a bit confusing. Like I was reading two separate stories at the same time. They seemed so unrelated but as I read it came together. This could be just me, or maybe some influence of the movie played into this but any ways if you read it and it seems like two different stories at first just read on. Truly loved it. (The movie form on TV didn't go by this name. I swear it was called "The Outsider" but I can be wrong).

Wicca: A Guide for the Solitary Practitioner by Scott Cunningham -
I have nothing to compare it to but what I know of it, it is a great explanation.

Wiccan Celebrations by Silver Elder
Again, I don't know enough to really give much of an opinion but the explanations were good and simple that you didn't have to know anything about it and still understand.

The thirteenth Unicorn by Ben Alderman
This was a book really written for "the younger people" But I enjoyed my escape into this fantasy land. The imagination of the author is remarkable. Young and old should like this story of shape shifters, dwarfs, elves, fairies and more. For me it brought back a lot of memories of when I was young and went from our house in the city to Grandma's in the country. We would run outside and explore the woods and have our little hiding spots too. The author is writing another book but it is late coming out too. I will read it when it does. (It will be called the Black Dragon).

11/22/63 by Stephen King
I think those that are not huge Stephen King fans will like this book. I found this book to be another one of the kind you start reading and can't put down. From beginning to end I wanted to know what happened next. The characters and their development were great, the story kept moving and was fantastic and the ending was far from what I thought would happen. It was one of the endings that make you go "Oh.....now what I get the whole thing". In other words....what you think as your reading it is happening, isn't really (or should I say wasn't all there was to it) and at the end you realize the part you were missing (and for me I didn't even know I was missing it until I "got it"). Sorry if this is unclear but I don't want this to be a spoiler. In other words, even if you hated history or politics...this is a book that definitely worth reading.

I am now reading The Dead Angler by Victoria Houston
I am not far enough into it to even give an opinion.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!