View Single Post
Old 01-10-2012, 04:44 PM   #264
Soni B
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mothermark View Post
MMTPT179 ~ DESTINATION STATION

This week our destination is Williamsfield, Illinois. If you would like a destination for your cards this week, how about sending them to Sonja. Fellow SCSer Sonja (Soni B) was recommended as a destination for our cards this week by fellow teapotter ScrappinCEO (Kelly).

Soni and her daughters are all SCS members. Kelly met Soni over 20 years ago through her oldest daughter, Tammy. Kelly and Soni became co-workers and fast friends. Soni welcomed Kelly and her family into her home, family and circle of friends. When Soni was two years old, she was in a car accident that left her with very little use of her left arm/ hand. But to see the things she does, you'd never know. She's strong. But even the strongest person can be tested.

This destination is all about putting 2011 aside and welcoming in a new and better year for Soni. For Soni, 2011 was not a good year! At the beginning of 2011, Soni's husband (Wally)was diagnosed with a chronic lung disease and passed away in April. In the fall, her father passed away. And in December, her brother Billy, whom she considers her soul mate, was rushed to the hospital with what looked like a stroke. Thankfully after tests it was determined to be problems associated with a severe sinus infection.

Soni had to leave her home when Wally died to find something more affordable and now lives very close to her youngest daughter and three of her five grandchildren who, by the way, are the light of her life and her sanity most days. 2011 has not been a good year but we are here to help Soni welcome in the new year with lots of well wishes, happy thoughts and wonderful cards.

Here is the address:

Sonja Bailey
2244 Knox Hwy 11
Williamsfield IL 61489-9752

Thank you all! Thank you Kelly (ScrappinCEO) for suggesting this destination!
just another up date as I received more cards today...you ladies do such beautiful things... and your kindness is so plentiful... my heart says thank you ...to each of you

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!