View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 09:59 PM   #477
I love rubber
Gabfest Goddess

Sorry I've been MIA lately. About a week before Christmas my sister just 3 years younger than I am had a seizure (her 3rd). Fifteen years ago she had stage 4 breast cancer which she survived but she was in a drug test group for tamoxifin and in the early testing stages they overprescribed leaving her with a much weakened heart. She has already had a heart attack but these seizures are a new thing. For a period of 4 days she spoke gibberish and hallucinated. She is amazingly brilliant and writes financial computer programs for huge corporations so to see her like this was devastating for the family. She is recovering now and once they figure out the cause of the seizures I'm sure she will be back to normal, at least her mental capacity has returned to normal. We just got through that emergency and on New Years Day our daughter called to tell us
her husband had gone to the store and texted her that he was leaving her. We thought it strange he didn't come home for Christmas with her. What kind of person sends a text he is leaving? anyway her emotions are all over the map and I'm on the phone to her a lot, and when I'm not on the phone I'm worried about her. Thank goodness I pushed her to get a good education and she is a very successful lawyer, so at least she has a good career to keep her going. She is heart-broken. Needless to say, my mind is not on card making. Tomorrow I'm going into the craft room to do my yearly clean up and maybe that will get me inspired to create.
Happy New Year everyone,
Elizabeth
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!