View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 08:57 PM   #4
SummerBreeze
Mad Swapper

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metalcharm View Post
I'm in Australia so my main veggie growing season is starting to wind down plus I'm in a really hot are so we can start earlier than lots of places. The tomatoes did really well this year - we're still picking a dozen every couple of days but they're just sstarting to look a little sad and the cucumbers (green and apple) did well too. It is a good season so most things took off but the only thing that really failed was some broccoli.

What kind of things do you plant in your area?

Our growing season starts in April or May(depending on frost) and normally ends in September or October(depending on frost). But I still had tomatoes in November! Tomatoes and cucumbers are my best crops. Our little forest friends don't usually LET us have beans, peas, corn, sunflowers, and sometimes pumpkins. This last season I was able to sneak a crop of beans though. I fail at broccoli too, but I don't mind if it's flowers mature. I love the little yellow flowers and so does our neighbors honey bees. I also fail at onions, radishes, carrots---now that I think about, I fail at most root crops. Ha. Oh, before I forget, my peppers did well this year! My best pepper year in fact.

That plants that grow good (veggie wise) in Indiana (USA) are cabbage, peppers, potatoes, tomatoes, beans, soybeans, corn, cucumbers, pumpkins, quash, gourds, lettuse........oh I need to garden.........brussel sprouts, broccoli, carrots, radishes, beets and cauliflower. I know there are more than that, but all I can think of at this moment.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!