View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 07:22 PM   #129
Barbara Jay
Die Cut Diva

I don't plan to stop buying anything for my hobby . I just want more balance in my financial life
My motivation last year for buying was because the prices of some things were increasing or products were being discontinued, I felt I had to get them before I could not . So I readjusted my household budget to buy them.

I am working on that this year. If the price becomes too high for me to justify or I can no longer get a product then I will live with that. I am not going to readjust my household or personal budget for other things I want or need just to satisfy my shortage mentality in regards to crafts.

I had developed a " shortage mentality" Get it now or it will be gone or priced out of reach. Buy it on sale because I don't want to pay full price " IF or when " I need it .
Well I must remind myself that a lot of things were gone before I started this and I have not suffered. I am reminding myself that an item bought on sale and "not used" cost a lot more than if I had paid full price if/when I needed it.

Last edited by Barbara Jay; 01-09-2012 at 07:26 PM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!