View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 10:20 AM   #125
russnzella
Swapper of the Month February 2013

Melissa - your box is AMAZING!!!! Very cool!

Ah, so success! I didn't go to Pat Catans this weekend! LOL!!

So what causes me to buy things that I don't use and won't ever use....I think part of it is just envy and greed for me. Eww - those are such ugly words...but it's the truth for me. I hear all the neat things that everyone has and think "I want that" and "I have to have that"....and then often I wind up getting something that I don't even use. I have to admit that getting involved in card swaps has really helped this though...because it has really helped me find what is more my style. I've discovered that I'm not one who likes a ton of things on the cards I make.....I'm more simple. Now don't get me wrong - I think the cards with tons of embellishments or stuff - wow, they are beautiful! But they are so not me. And I'm not overly creative either so I tend to stick to more basic things. I've discovered that I really like coloring in pencils instead of markers. I know Copics are all the rage...but I still prefer pencils. Odd huh?

I've also learned that buying those big stacks of dsp are often a waste for me. I really need to look at it and see if I will use what is there. I mean if there is just one or two sheets of something that isn't my style that's fine...but when half the stack is something I will never use - well, what's the point.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!