View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #74
carolc1027
Polyshrink Goddess

I started some reorganizing today...

About 2 years ago (???) my husband Tom helped me organize a craft area in the basement (pictures are in my gallery). It was wonderful - I knew exactly what I had and I could find it in an instant. Fast forward to now....packaging has changed...I've continued to buy...you get the drift.

Yesterday, I mentioned to Tom that there were 3 areas that I needed his input...what we had come up with was not working today.

So....today we tackled two of the areas!!! We got a piece of sheet metal and magnet strips and now ALL my metal dies are out in the open right next to where the Big Shot lives!!! I know exactly what I have (and no, I did NOT know that I had both the large and small rectangles regular and scalloped!!!). If you look at the pictures in my gallery, the sheet metal piece was hung on the side of the shelving unit. They are so easy to grab...I don't have to go through hooks and hooks of baggies....I know that I will now use them!!!!

The second area was ribbon! I had two ribbon holders from Stampin' Up and two ribbon holders from The Container Store......and then all around those holders were rolls and rolls of ribbon...why?? The rolls did not fit the containers I had...plus, I have more than what can fit. So...in the space vacated by the dies...my husband got some hooks and some dowels and we are going to put all the robbon on the dowels!!!! He is going to do that setup tomorrow night!!

He is the best!!!!

SCS BRAK Volunteer
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!