View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 06:35 AM   #2749
sc magnolia
Creative Crew SU Design Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkin One View Post
Crimson and Tuscan are what I have been using. I think I may order a couple of open stock reds to see if I can find a few more hues and values of them. I LOVE Tuscan red thoguh. I seem to go through those more than any other color..

HMM..do you all have certain colors you use up quicker? I know I agree with Dini about getting "sets" of pencils then filling in where you need to. I seem to have replaced certain colors more than others..like for black, I use layers of indigo, dark green, tuscan red and finally a light layer of black ( OMSing each layer). It makes a deep black but isn't flat. I have a fairy I am working on and use that for the back ground...( when done I will post to my blog)..Anyway just wondering what everyone elses "go-to" colors were.
My "go-to" colors that I replace often are: lime peel, apple green, olive green, dark green, process red,violet, imperial violet, periwinkle, indigo blue, dark umber, light umber, deco yellow, blue slate, yellow ochre, orange and crimson red.

I'm looking forward to seeing your fairy, I bet she's lovely
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!