View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 03:28 PM   #85
imthenoni
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smile160 View Post
Well to be honest, I haven't decided exactly what I am going to use for the organizer part. I had thought SU had a preassembled box and lid that can be decorated, but now I can't find it in the catalog. I have also seen spiral bound ones that are nice too. In fact this link is how I found SCS in the first place.

Splitcoaststampers - Card Organizer Project Tutorial by Beate Johns

If I go with a bound book I would need to purchase a Cinch, which is on my wish list for this year anyway and could be purchased on sale or with a coupon. Right now I am leaning towards a box. Michaels and Joann's have photo boxes that ususally go on sale few times a year. It wouldn't be personally decorated, but I believe they do come with dividers. The goal is to give something that can be refilled each year. Many in my family no longer want things to dust and take up space and you can only give restaurant gift cards so long.
Many of those boxes are solid colors (kraft, white, pink, green) and can be easily personalized. The biggest problem is that they are sized for photos and not cards so, for me, they don't work well if I'm going to seriously fill it with cards. We made one not long ago out of file folders held together with clip/rings.