View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 11:59 PM   #35
stampy-girrrrrl
Kookie Creator

I used to shop every week for stuff cuz I got the filer coupons, then emails with coupons for local stamp/scrap stores, and emails from retailers with weekly sales.... it got to be really ridiculous cuz I was chasing down "stuff". I had/have so much stuff. I was unhappy with my job so, I went back to university to get a second degree, which meant less money and time to make cards and stuff, but I manage to use what I have to save money and time from going out to shop. The quality of cards are still the same.
So, what worked for me was 1) I stopped looking for/ receiving the coupons... I don't need anything so, why look for a bargain to spend money? 2) I stopped subscribing to emails from local stores... don't know what's on sale; don't need to shop 3) MOST IMPORTANTLY: I asked myself, "why I felt the need to constantly acquire more stuff and do I need all this stuff?" ... really, it was because I was unhappy with my work and I felt that I needed to treat myself. RETAIL THERAPY. I am pretty sure it's not all that uncommon... it just so happens my therapy was paper and stamps while others may be shoes and clothes.
So, if you are a chronic shopper... maybe ask yourself, like I did, why and if you really need it... or is it the "rush" you get for buying stuff?
OK... nuff said. feel free to PM me if you want to know my process and reducing the stash.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!