View Single Post
Old 01-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #77
russnzella
Swapper of the Month February 2013

I was just skimming through the posts while on my lunch break....and I am taking the challenge of making a receipt holder.

I had to chuckle when I read someone post about coupons. I'm a coupon sucker! I refuse to shop at JoAnn's anymore (long story) so I never have to worry about that. And I tend to not go to Hobby Lobby or Michael's much anymore unless I have an amazing coupon....But here in Ohio (and I believe there are some in PA) we have a store called Pat Catans. It's a craft store where the prices are really good. Now the selection can be dicey at times - but you can get some really good deals. Often I can go in there and get some bling for less than $1 or get some great $1 wood stamps. I can also get Nesties there for $15 all the time - but again, the selection isn't the best. So they have coupons every once in a while...and they had one this past year where you got $25 off if you spent $100. Now at the time I had a few swaps that I had to send (again, for items to purchase for others) and also wanted a Nestie set so I talked it over with DH and we hopped in the car. Let me say here that I have the most amazing DH! He will go anywhere and, while you can see other DH's out in the cars sleeping while their wives shop - mine is right there in the store with me. Anyway, he started wondering around the store and I was trying to keep track of how much I was putting in my cart. When I got to the checkout....I not only spent the $100 to be able to use the coupon...but had gone over. I spent $140 even with the coupon!!!! UGH!!!! I felt so bad spending so much....but DH told me not to worry about it - that I deserved to spend something on myself sometimes. But lesson learned - either take a calculator or just avoid coupons! LOL!!!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!