View Single Post
Unread 01-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
Forest Ranger
Swapper of the Month March 2013

Heart 2012 CALENDAR GIRLS Blog Group - FULL with 10 members

We are the Calendar Girls... and this is our second year of existence. Who are the Calendar Girls? We are a group of bloggers who want to have a place where friendships blossom, creativity abounds, and encouragement prevails! In keeping with that dream, this blog group has been created so we will have a place to interact and enjoy being fellow bloggers.

We have a theme song (found by our own Sweet P) - it's called Calendar Girls
so it is "our" song!

The guidelines for this group are fairly simple:

1. Each member MUST have a blog (its a blog group, after all) and members need to post to their own blogs at least once or twice a week.

2. Each member needs to become a follower of the blogs of all the members. (It would also be great if members would place links of the blogs a blog list in the sidebar of their own blogs.)

3. Each member needs to visit the blogs of the other members at least once or twice a week and barring unforeseen circumstances, members should leave a comment on the blogs at least every week. (Encouragement is such a wonderful thing!)

4. I will open/host an SCS thread for the blog group (here it is!). It is a place where the members can post links to resources, challenges the others might like to participate in, information about publication calls or DT calls, blog candy, and such, etc. I foresee the SCS thread as a place of friendship!

5. Each month the Blog Group would have a challenge among themselves. One member each month would be the hostess of the challenge. That simply means she is the one who chooses the Challenge theme. It could be a seasonal theme (Autumn), a holiday theme (Christmas), a color theme (purple and white), a technique theme (embossing), a theme using a particular type of embellishment (glitter), an inspiration theme (a photo that inspires the creation), a special theme (anything but a card), etc. Each member would choose her own products and way of interpreting the theme. These creations would be posted to the blogs of the members on a pre-determined day.

6. Other ideas could be generated among the group for ways to strengthen the blog group and these might be added to the guidelines at a later time.

These are the ten members of the blog group:

April (SCS - Aprilo) April's Alley
Barb (SCS - barbaralynn) Barb's Inkin' into Retirement
Carol (SCS - momcgw) Lost in my craft room
Debbie (SCS - djones) The Ink Igloo
Jeanette (SCS - Forest Ranger) Cre8tive Play
Kelly (SCS - MiamiKel4) Sandcastle Stamper
Michelle (SCS - pattem) Ink'n General
Paola (SCS - Sama) That's Amore
Tami (SCS - BlueInks) BlueInks Design
Terry (SCS - terry0926) It's Totally Terry

At this point we are semi-active. We will officially begin in January. But for now we will chat, enjoy each other's company, select a name for our blog group, and decide who will host the challenges in which months.

Oh, and we'll have lots and lots of fun!!!

Here is the list of SCS names of the group members in case you need to copy/paste them into a new PM message: Aprilo ; barbaralynn ; momcgw ; djones ; Forest Ranger ; MiamiKel4 ; pattem ; Sama ; BlueInks ; terry0926
PDE Linky Party - Sweet Stampin

My blog: Cre8tive Play
According to Albert Einstein, "Creativity is contagious, pass it on."
Christmas CraZy Swap Group

Last edited by Forest Ranger; 01-08-2013 at 07:28 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!