View Single Post
Old 01-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #21
Stampin Wrose
This reminds me of a Star Trek episode....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PH in VA View Post
I guess the plastic bag ban is a bummer if you reuse a lot of them.

We don't reuse too many of ours; instead we take them back to one of the stores that accepts them for recycling. I like taking them to Martin's because the company that recycles for them turns them into park benches. Then Martin's donates the benches to parks and schools.
They keep mentioning "litter" as a reason and I'm thinking oh are we going to ban everything that contributes to litter now? *rolls eyes*

They want to "teach people that they are valuable" - um yeah I already know that. I can get a nickel off my grocery order when I take them back in to reuse, at least in my city, where we haven't banned them - yet. (The whole county is considering it.)

I reuse them in all my waste baskets at home. I have been dumping them into the large kitchen bag the last week. Today I measured all the baskets so I know what size liner to get. Just did that, in fact. And, we use them for dog poop.

Yeah I already know they are valuable. I really hate when govt. sticks its nose this far into my life. Ron Paul has the right idea - just takes it a little too far in some areas, in my opinion. I do chuckle when I read that Ron Paul has the support of everyone who wants drugs to be legal. ha ha ha

"Fun must be always." - Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!