View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 07:37 PM   #6403
Greywolf
Watercolor Wizard

Vicki, I hope you try the Dutch Oven Bread - it's the closest thing to "fail-proof" that I've ever tried. My pot is enamel-coated cast iron.

Yes, we spend so much time preparing for Christmas and it always seems like a letdown when it's done and we're on to the next thing. I did something to prolong it today when I organized all my gift bags, smoothed and folded all my tissue paper and recyclable wrapping paper and ribbon. It took quite a while, but my closet actually has a little more room, and I'll be able to find the right size/color the next time I want to wrap a gift.

What a lovely tradition! I wish I lived near you... I used to have a group of single friends in Chicago who would get together for Thanksgiving or Christmas. It wasn't at anyone's home though .. it was at our favorite neighborhood bar. Pretty sad, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdoyle8 View Post
I love kitchen gadgets too, Val- but I've never heard of Dutch Oven Bread. I just did a google search and it sounds great! Is your Dutch Oven cast iron or stoneware?

It sounds like everyone had a nice Christmas - can you believe it's here and gone already?

We started a new tradition this year. Our family hosts Christmas for any of our friends who don't have family in town - or at least that is how it started LOL!. But we had so much fun that one family choose to come here instead of their local family LOL. This year I took a piece of plain fabric (a lightweight canvas-like fabric I had stashed in the basement). I put a Sharpie marker at each place setting and encouraged everyone to sign and doodle. It is SO great!! So many great sentiments and jokes - I plan to use it again next year with different colored sharpies.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!