View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 05:39 PM   #6401
vdoyle8
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greywolf View Post
I had a good Christmas too altho I did go through a stressful couple of weeks when my calendar seemed to explode (or did it cave in on top of me?) LOL! The ladies in my Sunday School class gave me a Dutch oven as a gift, and so far my favorite thing to use it for is Dutch Oven Bread. It has a very long first rise and almost has a sourdough taste. Yummy! One of the things my daughter gave me was a Magic Bullet (as-seen-on-TV) and I used it to make banana nut muffins. Yummy again! I love kitchen gadgets!

Happy New Year to all and I pray that each of you and your families will be blessed with good health as well as material and spiritual blessings.

I love kitchen gadgets too, Val- but I've never heard of Dutch Oven Bread. I just did a google search and it sounds great! Is your Dutch Oven cast iron or stoneware?

It sounds like everyone had a nice Christmas - can you believe it's here and gone already?

We started a new tradition this year. Our family hosts Christmas for any of our friends who don't have family in town - or at least that is how it started LOL!. But we had so much fun that one family choose to come here instead of their local family LOL. This year I took a piece of plain fabric (a lightweight canvas-like fabric I had stashed in the basement). I put a Sharpie marker at each place setting and encouraged everyone to sign and doodle. It is SO great!! So many great sentiments and jokes - I plan to use it again next year with different colored sharpies.

my gallery
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!