View Single Post
Old 12-29-2011, 03:40 PM   #20
Inkin One
Crimping Master

I think my main resolution this year is to be more creative and productive. We moved 2 x in 6 months this year and that sucked the mojo right out of me. I didn’t do Christmas cards, store bought or otherwise this year. …or birthday cards...or any cards for that matter. I also didn’t draw much. I want to change all of that. I can’t say I won’t buy things because I really do need some stamps and other supplies, BUT, I can say that my purchases will be for specific reasons...i.e.; stamps for a particular project...BUT I must be able to use them 3 different ways..Buy cs when needed...etc. I am not much on embellishments and I really have plenty from the beginning of my paper crafting journey where I thought I “needed” everything I saw. I want to purge my stash...then shop it. I have so much out dated dp to give the kids elementary school it is kind of embarrassing ( let us not speak of all the stickers and stupid rub- on quote stacks..K?)
I love my hobby but at the same time don’t want to be sitting here next year saying “I have too much...I need to purge”... I want to be saying “Wow I really reduced the amount of product I have an am in need of new stuff “.

Stamps, ink pads, reinkers, a die cut machine (of some kind), and some markers . Those are the things on my list for the New Year.

I do think one thing that may help me is I have no stores close to me. The nearest is at least 45 mins one way so it isn’t easy to wander around with those coupons...I mean after all that is why I have SO much dated dp! On line shopping for me is really the only option...and I am pretty ruthless about spending my money now that I am a sahm. I feel bad to indulge myself in things like ‘’bling” that I will probably never use while my husband works his behind off. I try to keep that in the back of my mind while filling those virtual shopping carts LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!