View Single Post
Old 12-20-2011, 08:29 PM   #1
Lmn
Stazon Splitcoast

Arrow 2012 Stamp/Scrap On A Budget

Welcome to 2012!

We'll be starting an ongoing monthly thread for our goal to "Stamp/Scrap On A Budget". I think it's very important we have a spot to encourage "controlled crafting". This hobby can very much lead to impulse shopping and it's important we enjoy all the wonderful supplies we have. It's so easy to get caught up in buying and collecting versus using. We've also begun to realize that simplifying sometimes makes life and crafting easier. We'll share encouragement, ideas, praise and challenges. We'll celebrate using our stash and making good buying decisions. I think it's hard to go completely "cold turkey" although we'll cheer those of you who do on with lots of praise and encouragement.

We'll have 5 Challenge Options for Controlled Craft Spending -

1. Set a $$ spending budget for the month & track your expenditures against budget set.

2. Match your scrapbook/stamping spending by putting the same amount away in savings that you spend on scrapbook/stamp stuff. This encourages savings and provides you a stash for the following year.

3. Set a "Create to Spend" goal. Come up with a goal to complete cards, pages or alterables before you spend more $$ (for instance, "complete 25 pages before spending $$"

4. "Time Out." Select a month or a quarter to use just what you have on-hand. No craft or stamp spending for that time period.

5. Do a combination each month or select one that works for you during that time period!

Just for FUN, here is the thread that started this all ---

I'm going "cold-turkey" on the craft spending! Does anyone want to join me?

Cold Turkey --- Mid Year Review

Cold Turkey or Responsible Spending 2012

Another Idea ---

I'm Going to Simplify --- Anyone Want to Join Me?

After you've given it some thought, please post your "budget" plan for January

Last edited by Lmn; 01-28-2012 at 08:20 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!