View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 07:41 PM   #460
I love rubber
Gallery Gazer

Hi all,
I make these amazingly cute cookies that look like little mice. I was waiting until I made a batch so I could take a picture of them. Here is the recipe:

Spicy Mice Cookies
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 c. icing sugar
2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp sea salt
hand full of natural sliced almonds (ears)
a few chocolate melts or chips to melt for eyes and nose

Preheat oven to 325. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Beat butter and sugar until creamy. In another bowl whisk flours with spices. Gradually add flour mixture to creamed butter and sugar. If it becomes hard to mix everything together finish the blending by hand kneading until you have a smooth dough. Measure out level tablespoons and separate. Take each tablespoon of mixture and toll into a ball then shape the ball so it is elongated and shape one end with a bit of a point (to resemble a mouse shape with a nose shape end. Take two slices of almonds and push them in for ears. line them all up on the baking sheet about an inch apart then bake for about 20 mins. Cool completely. Melt the chocolate (when you melt chocolate if it seizes up or won't go liquid enough melt a small knob of vegetable shortening into it) Dip a skewer or toothpick into the chocolate and dot on the eyes and nose. See the picture.
Attached Thumbnails
img_1306.jpg  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!